29 October 2008

Debts

I was heading my way to school one day for my FYP project, and I realized I forgot to bring my Ez-Link card along as I had passed it to my mom to top it up the day before. But I managed to at least cough up enough change to arrive at the bus interchange. While waiting for my mom to bring the Ez-Link card to me, my attention was caught by a VCD fair at West Mall.

Somehow I wandered there, wanting to pass the time while waiting. There was a movie "Money Not Enough 2" being played, if you're not Singaporean never mind; I'll explain. This show was directed by Jack Neo, a rather famous individual, comedian turned director and like all his previous movies, always pinpoints about hot topics that is always happening in the country but is unconsciously ignored or not taken seriously.

The part of the show that was played was about the mother's laments of her three sons who treat her like excess baggage and wanting to dump her in a nursing home because they think she's senile, troublesome and is an eyesore at their respective homes. They thought their mother was not aware of what they're discussing all along, but the truth is, she has always been. Then comes the typical sad song playing about her scenario. It just suddenly brought me to mind:

"How many people have were we in their debt, and have we really truly appreciated them?"

I decided to compile a list before I forget,

- I owe Gladys a favour for "rescuing" me in a backstabbing incident
- I owe George MOS prawns for whatsoever reasons unknown (I just know I do)
- I owe Mei Yin for always being there at the right time and right moment, like inviting me along to her cycling trips
- I owe Winnie a treat for helping me with my FYP rework
- I owe my parents for giving birth to me and taking care of me
- I owe Holly an apology
- I owe Sandra an outing, had to last minute cancel one the last time, and I also owe her a birthday gift :(

Always thank and appreciate what all these people have done for you, I hope you people out there have drafted your own list.

And in case you were wondering, I thanked my mom for bringing me my Ez-Link card, just not sure if she heard it or not...

No comments: