19 December 2009

Revolutions & Resolutions

Year after year, every festive season seems to lack more luster, what's wrong with it, or rather what's wrong with me? I used to enjoy them with such gusto but now they just feel like another day; or a day off if you will for the working population.

Christmas is coming, and within a blink of an eye, another year's coming to an end. Unfortunately, the years ahead looks bleak.

Terrorism.

Global Warming.

Pollution.

Politics.

Need I go on? The tide isn't receding, it's just waiting for that very moment to strike us down totally into irreparable chaos. And then there's that 2012 issue, even if it's the end of the world - are we ready to tell ourselves we lived a good life, and satisfied with a simple demise? Note the fact that nothing's confirmed, but the human being's delusional point of view is stronger than logic and reality.

We all want to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die to get there. In other news, a resolution is at hand. In dire need, to be deadly emphasized...

Stuff I hate about myself:

1) Too honest
2) Easily bothered by guilt
3) Easily "persuaded"
4) Letting others have the best of me

I missed my primary school persona where I was bold and dangerous, I fall and I get up, that is all. My younger self would mocked at me without a care just about now, and naturally my present self would be too embarrassed to retaliate. I wish there was another way to do things without resorting to an extreme contrast of choices and opinions.

After all, that was what shaped the present world now.

No comments: