24 November 2009

Rebirth and awkward shopping

I abruptly brought my bank account to a near broke status because I splurged on a new CPU which my house desperately needs. My home desktop gave up on us as of last week, that only goes to show to my dad that you can't be a cheapskate when it comes to electronic goods. I went down to Funan today to went parts shopping with a friend who knows his game. I'm glad to settle on a good deal, the lady boss just gave out discounts like vouchers which eventually brought the final price to $920, which is really worth it.

Now I just lack a decent monitor and a keyboard, can't wait to get rid that has-been desktop out of the house. Plus I realized I needed a new scanner to boot, quality's important and plus it's old - heck it's survived the years from 1998!

And then it comes to awkward shopping, how do ladies actually buy their undergarments without dying of embarrassment? I went to buy underwear, something long overdue on my necessity list. I walked about the aisle for what seems an eternity, grabbed a box and tried to avoid crowds as much as possible as I fidgeted towards the counter. I paid with my ATM card and suddenly my heart skipped a beat when the cashier said "Sir..."

I let out a huge sigh of relief when she pointed out only purchases $10 and above are eligible for ATM card payment. Well at least I won't have to relieve this experience until let's say...a decade or so.

Talk about awkward.

No comments: