23 August 2009

Soggy

I'm pretty sure the weather is messing with me badly.


You have got to be pulling my leg, continuous jackpot of rain through the field camp monotony? It was never this generous when I actually wanted rain at Tekong. I love the rain...


...in the urban life, but not when I have to brave the elements. Nothing's more unpleasant than living in the rain with wet clothes, eating soggy meals and sleeping in the rain.


Is it too hard to ask what we want? Ironically in the weeks before, Tekong had pretty wonderful weather though the rain only comes 1/5 of the time and it's usually pretty light showers. But otherwise the weather was so brilliant that it's a sunbather's dream (but a torture for us in uniform).

It's only August for crying out loud, more sun over the rain. Why are things always finally on track when you don't want them to be for once? Another one of life's laments through nature, jeez...

No comments: