21 August 2009

Ston

The title, sounds odd but it has never occurred to me that someone would suggest reversing my nickname to the last part of name instead of the first half. Someone from my bunk said it might actually sound cooler and more original. I'm still wondering how much of a hit it might turn out to be.

"Hi, my name is Ston."

Might need some getting used to though.

I finally felt the need to purchase a MP3 player and became a proud owner of a 8GB iPod Nano.


I'm just using pictures to elaborate my point that it's awesome and considering I'm not an apple fan - it's already a hit with me. I'm using the 4th generation iPod Nano so it doesn't exactly look like that but it is still flat. At least now I can chug out tunes while being trapped on Tekong.

Speaking of which, I'm absolutely dreading the next week - it's finally field camp season. Literally, we're going to be braving the jungle for 4D/3N; it also means:

  • Praying that it doesn't rain
  • Making sure that bowel movements are kept minimum to none
  • No wild boar encounters
  • No encounters of the third kind


Not being able to bathe will be the worry for many since everyone sweats like buckets, and we have to lug along some dead weight and be permanently on camouflage creme until the field camp is over. Apparently, I'm told the powder SAF issued is supposed to keep your body dry - hence we have powder baths.

I haven't tried it personally but someone who experimented feedbacked it doesn't work as well as it claims...

Army life has been fun and somewhat rewarding, I'm actually thankful for some changes I see in myself and more importantly I hope it stays because I really want it that way. Although there are strict rules but they are there for a reason although some of them makes me rather paranoid.

In a nutshell, it's the image one has to uphold while wearing the smart No. 4 uniform. We're not supposed to "misbehave" while wearing that since it's supposed to be smart and we're representing the army's image as well. Sometimes I let it go to my head I simply become a rampant mess of worry.

An example would be losing count the number of people I tried to avoid bumping into while just hanging around my nearby mall. More or less I can say I almost got a heart attack and I'm thankful for my good reflexes.

No comments: