29 August 2009

Alive And Kickin'

It has been a long week and yes - it did rain like fuck during field camp.

I consider it a miracle that I could survive all four days, wearing and sleeping in soggy clothes, shoes, socks and underwear is truly not fun. Washing it isn't either though I passed all the washing to my mother. I really owe her big time for this due to the intense smell, mud, dirt and soil debris from the items. Field camp is indeed the biggest exam for BMT because it tests your sanity, endurance and strength. Not surprisingly, loads of people reported sick on the first day.

The worst part was the food and digging of shellscrapes. Rations are hard to eat especially during such damp weather. Digging was crap too because of the soil structure, position and once again - weather. Mud is basically the constituent for everything in the jungle, though technically we're using an old rubber tree plantation for the field camp site.

We also had to really take good care of our equipment lest it gets 'stolen'. Some of the sergeants were really hyped in stealing our rifles, my buddy got target not only once but twice; thus resulting in guard duty (which I had to do as well because I'm his buddy). Overall, as my PC puts it, it's a very good experience. You bring back a lot of stories, experiences along with mud, rashes and extreme grueling forms of non-sanitary living conditions.

I'm so tired, I'm not even bothered to check if I left out anything. The good thing is that only about one week plus till Passing Out Parade...

No comments: