22 October 2009

Accelerate

I'm starting to feel the heat from my job, from an increased workload to more 'less-newbie' treatments, of course, it's only natural eventually this stage progresses because once my senior ORDs - I'm going to fly solo. Right now the only thing that's stopping me from going to full throttle is my OA access card, it has an acronym which unfortunately I'm unable to spell out. What's worst is that my daily nodding off has caught my ma'am's attention to the point that I'm finally given a final warning today.

Anymore would call for an an unavoidable punishment, she's gracious enough to give me so many chances yet I kept blowing it each time. I'm beginning to think Karma really exists, because right after her warning, hours later it happened again but she wasn't around because she took a half day leave. Unfortunately, Karma wasn't going to let me off like that, suddenly out of the blue I was requested to do marshaling duty tomorrow at 5.30am! TGIF tomorrow, and since the whole thing ends about 9 in the morning, that certainly takes some work hours off.

I really have to brush up my act, this aion addiction is spiralling out of control. The only saving grace is when the server goes down for maintenance, like today, where I finally pulled myself to write a decent entry for once.


I'm just a sucker for games with breathtaking graphics, something that Aion seems to overflow with among all the games I have immersed myself in so far. Of course, as an MMORPG, grinding is never far, but this game spices it up with a lot of interesting concepts and mechanics; though some may prove to be a bit annoying. I'm currently playing a Sorcerer class, and the glass cannon concept is pretty well balanced. In exchange for nukes, we don't survive against status effects and melees very well, even with the best of gear.

I'm actually trying my hand at PVP seriously, though I doubt my laptop can handle Aion's intense graphics so I'm switching to a DIY computer soon, still got a few hundred dollars more to reach that goal. It's irony how that my goals are all short-term and deemed as pointless to many, yet my life seems to be whizzing by as I accomplish them one by one.

Keeping up with this speed is really tiring though, I'm amazed how some people can actually extend their reach to long term goals with heavy commitments.

No comments: