14 October 2009

Stupified

Facebook is growing on me, or I'm becoming lazier. Because all my posts seems to be at Facebook length standards, I'm also finding hard to post a decent or insightly post for almost the same reasons.

Well anyway, growing up, I refused to believe how small Singapore is but after two incidents only then I'm convinced by all the hearsay. I thought I saw a secondary school mate on my bus ride home from work yesterday. He looked really different and sported a different pair of glasses so it's really hard to discern, however he always has this distinct look on his face I could never forget. I checked his Facebook account for recent photos to confirm - and bingo, turns out it was him.

Second case, I'm working on documents at my unit, and then I happened to come across a familiar name. What are the odds, that it would be the very same person from my secondary school days as well? To my disbelief, it indeed was him...Singapore seems to be shrinking in my viewpoint as I get older.

It's either I'm knowing it too well, or it's time for me to expand beyond the horizons of this country.

No comments: