04 October 2009

Parity

I am really sickened by the fact, that the good and innocent always seem to die young. Where's the rationale?!

The recent spate of disasters fueled partly by man no doubt has taken the lives of many throughout the Asia Pacific region. And then somewhere in Korea, I just found out one of my favorite illustrators has passed away due to illness. This isn't all justified, especially when it's usually true how they portrayed in movies where the bad either gets away scot free or lives to a ripe old age. It is definitely a myth however, that the justice filled main character usually lives beyond the storyline.

All this started a chain of thoughts within my head, if I were to die one day - would I die with regrets? After all, at my age, I have yet to see and do many things, let alone talk about accomplishments and fulfillment. The only problem I have with this goal setting is that I still don't know what I want, just crossing the bridge only when I've reached it.

What's it going to be? Live a happy life or get busy with accomplishments and goals? And then if we have chosen the latter, does it justify if we passed away suddenly out of the blue? But ironically, dying without a purpose fulfilled in life is also an unfair way to go.

And while people debate what to do with their lives, Mother Nature's is already set in motion to the end. We're ignoring the biggest threat to our existence - Global Warming. Life is always unfair, but we just have to pay attention to everything around. Live life to it's fullest everyday, enjoy it because it happened.

For me, I just want to do something that will make both people around me proud. And of course, protect this world.

No comments: