05 September 2009

Almost Over

My last book in and book out will be this week, it's almost hard to believe these 7 weeks are almost over. When I first enlisted, it's like I dreaded the coming days and wished it passed by faster but now I take my words back.

On one of the last few days of the week before we had Games Day and it's unbelievable that Raven COY actually snagged the first place title in the challenge trophy. There was a lot of celebration going on that day and the cheering was almost unstoppable and overzealous. I managed to catch a glimpse of one of my friends in Ulysses COY but didn't approach him because I was worried how awkward it would be if it was the wrong person. I was however, extremely lucky to find his buddy, which I then managed to confirm it really was him.

Before the week was over, I had to get a fever. I was feeling like crap but I was forced to still continue the 10km route march. I was pretty much half dead by the time it ended, I don't know my body's limits but I'm amazed that I never collapsed all this while, yet. Initially I was told to drop out but I need to tell my duty instructor first. But his response irked me...

"37.5 degrees? Nah, it's alright, fall back in."

I had temperatures soaring to 37.9 degrees that day, lucky it was already book out day so I just hung on for as long as I could.

Pretty soon I'm going to be posted into a my new vocation, it's another restart of new environment, people and challenges again. I wonder if I can breeze through it with ease, I'll miss my old section but they won't be gone since I managed to get their contacts before today.

Life goes on.

No comments: