06 September 2008

Backtrack

I let my day go past unnoticed and forgotten too many times, this may the reason why I'm quite compelled to update this blog almost daily. It's not I don't have a life or anything but I want to get started before it's too late again. Looking back, my first blog looks quite childish, written in an embarrassing Mickey x Minnie design paperback. As a kid, I didn't find any use for a diary.

Diary's such an embarrassing name, really...

Tossed away into the depths and later converted into an autograph book. (Yes, those were the times!) I later seeked comfort in another book with some silly cartoonish design. Because I was quite a runt back then, I often had conflict with people back then and I believed that the book was like a source of venting of frustration and writing revengeful stuff about people I offended. We all do silly things when we're young, I have to admit that was one of mine.

Years past and my education upgraded to secondary school, that was when writing your thoughts alone became all the rage, otherwise known as blogging. Blogspot was considered almost an unknown to me; or at least, it was hard to code a layout. One of the things that constantly bug me about blogging is that...I can never blog in peace with a messed up layout, not sure how many may share that kind of sentiments but it's like asking you to jot down the personal details of your life in mud.

Wrong analogy maybe...but moving on.

One of my best friends (OMG best friends! Such a rarity in my life that'll forever be treasured~) Sandra, introduced to small group of us bloggers-to-be diaryland. I like how it appeals to first time users, as well as to users who played around with HTML/CSS for the first time but the name forever bothers me. My first blog was a memory, basically just describing my secondary school life in simplistic sentences and internet speak. (I reserve 'lol' and '1337' to msn nowadays)

Check it out - http://sinfilion.diaryland.com/ (6 Jan 2005~12 May 2007)

The skin's an interesting concept by a blogskin designer that old discarded blogs should also have a nice skin, either indicating the new blog link (well mostly this) or a blog is closed forever. This skin unfortunately cancels out majority of the links, as a result, even if you see an archive link, clicking it only allows you to see the title of entries and no more than that. I never wanted to see the entries again for some odd reason, but I suppose when I'm way older I might go back to take a look. This was still a hotbed of good memories though.

Afterwards I moved on to wordpress, more cleaner and organizer themes to impress. As you can see, there was a one month span in between the two blogs where I stopped blogging a while. But as the whole world was blogging around me, I can't stop either - peer pressure haha.

The second link - http://larg.wordpress.com/ (18 June 2007~7 Dec 2007)

I still think although the writing is more mature this time, it's still a collective base of junk entries which I also don't bother to read but with a different reason. In the end I moved up to game blogging which was a short lived success, well because I quitted the game I was blogging.

So it was pretty much a whirlwind of mind before I stop and came back to blogging once again. This time...well I have no idea actually. Just blog whatever comes to the head, that's the philosophy now. So what's your blogging philosophy? :)

A little song to tag with today's entry, subtle but fitting.



Mental note to self - need to setup a tagboard.

No comments: