05 September 2008

Minimal

Mini foreword: This entire blog is still under construction, still got loads of stuff to configure, so don't mind if you see any weird stuff around the layout etc.

Would love to slap myself silly for today's performance, it's only the second day of school (yet the last day of the week, I'm blaming Friday for this) and I'm already dozing off in class. I blame too many things but hey, I have legal reasons too. It seems like I only had two members in my team (inclusive of me) and I virtually had nearly zero experiences with handling the practical process. The other guy in my team was from IT security, he told me Internet Server Technologies is actually his elective module.

Lots of familiar faces in my class today as well, but I supposed that's one of the impending barriers today. I really don't know how to communicate with people, and I suck more at trying to face/communicate with people I have met before. Lack of topic enables me to be able to keep mum even if people try to initiate conversation. The facilitator, Bernard is a very cool guy though, not really intimidating as a facilitator so getting adapted to this class was no sweat.

Another thing that was bothering me today (or at least forever) was my fyp; I thought the work my group had done for the initial introduction of research topics for G302 could ease some of my worry. 11.45am we met up, one of my members Winnie couldn't make it due to a last minute clinical appointment. 12pm, no sign of facilitator at all.

Sent an email, no reply.

Called up his RP staff number, unavailable for contact - "Please leave a message", frankly I never bothered with answering machines.

We got stood up in the end, by 12.30pm I dismissed everyone. Seriously shagged today, the third meeting was not at all fun as stated in the front of the post. Only have two more modules on Monday and Tuesday and I seriously hope everything goes well. RP made a tweak to the facilitators assigned, apparently for my elective, I was said to have gotten an extremely good facilitator who was quite dedicated to the class. But in the end it got changed, I asked around and was feedbacked that my new facilitator is kind of biased and gives really undesirable grades. there are only two possibilities to this:

1) due to the performance of the students

2) the facilitator has too high of expectations

Don't know which but there can't be smoke without fire.

First day went well, why can't the rest of the days? Oh by the way, it rained this morning. What a foreboding omen even though I enjoy rainy days.

EDIT: Turns out the supervisor didn't receive a confirmation email of the date he proposed so he thought we weren't free that day! o_o

No comments: