04 September 2008

First Day

Oh who cares whether the layout is up yet, I think I had enough of my mundane yet exciting enough life passing me by and god knows if I can still remember any of them when I want to. School started today after a duration of three weeks, luckily for me it was not foreign because about half the class consisted of my year 2 classmates. No awkward moments or anything, my group was rowdy and I'm still getting to know people's names. The facilitator, Dale was briefed us on his rules and etc but he can be good fun too if we abide by them.

As usual, I have caught his attention by being a wee bit quiet during second meeting, running almost out of things to say.

"Cannot be quiet, I will target specifically the quiet people a lot!"

Really have get over this edge, this is one of the bane of my life, but otherwise the rest of the day went by quite smoothly, managed to give a lengthy elaboration during presentation. Still I think some of my classmates were hinting that I was boring the class, took some notes about that. My monotone voice doesn't exactly help my situation either but heck...all for the grades.

Midway during noon, had to scoot off to attend a fyp rework briefing because well...I failed my G301 module. Now after the briefing, it's just hell all over again, it's a bombshell of a nightmare .

1) You will be assigned a new project depending on which grade category you fall in, but there are only two grade categories which makes two projects.

2) Team members will be assigned, and how many in the team depends on the list of people who want to rework.

3) Code-on-the-spot is definitely going to part of the evaluation and the crux of the main project. If the individual fails to accomplish this during the evaluation, the evaluation is said to have no need to continue further.

4) D/D+ grade people have 2 weeks to complete their project along with 5 pages of documentation per member, while E/F grade people have 4 weeks to complete theirs with at least 15 pages of documentation. The entire project has a smaller scope but it is still a compressed version of 13 weeks.

5) D/D+ people can choose to rework based on their overall gpa, E/F people definitely have no option to not rework unless they want to spend another semester just to complete a G301 project (which will be 13 weeks this time round).

6) The maximum best grade you can get this time round is C.

7) For D/D+ people, you can actually try to be funny to try to do a rework but try to slack all the way to get a worser grade. But in the end, the your original grade will still be counted in assuming your new grade is lower. (If you do this, it only reflects on your asshole attitude :P)

In short, I'm screwed. Second chances but this is like sitting on a one way trip to doom. I'm pretty sure the D/D+ people who initially wanted to rework got put off of the idea after attending the briefing, at least I know one friend did. I'm never good at coding and I admire anyone who could even get through it alive.

"Can't call yourself a SIT student without even knowing the simple basics of programming" so they said, I'm still trying so hard to gain weight let alone to bother about my code issue. But I can't graduate without passing G301!

Someone help me.

Please.

P.S - Oh please tell your families, friends, girlfriends/boyfriends, godkids, pets whatever - if they decide to choose RP as their polytechnic of choice; they must be that desperate. (back then I was anyway...)

No comments: