07 September 2009

Blink Blink

It's over, it's all over. I can hardly justify for the rate of time passing by, but my BMT is finally over!

Everyone's a little regretful to leave but yet at the same time to get the fuck out of the hellhole known as Tekong. We may have left but we brought back "outstanding" memories, experiences and not to mention luggage. There was a last "everything" craze and even a madcap night of tricks on the last night. I found my hand completely smeared with green camouflage cream for no reason at all, but seeing the state of some others...I don't think I deserve to complain.

The passing out ceremony was so simple, it felt more like a primary school assembly. In and out, and that was it; unlike my friend who's going to get a grand scale passing out parade tomorrow, there's really some form of envy when you see them marching around with pride in front of families and friends.

Leaving the bunk, I took one last look at the Raven company block, it'll be probably 11 more years before I set foot on Tekong again when it's my brother's turn to enlist. As once mentioned by someone, it's not the beginning nor the end that's memorable, but the process in between where we face our ups and downs. And that would be the 7 weeks in all for my BMT.

Raven 03/09; Pes C9 L2 - Soaring above all! :D

No comments: