15 September 2009

Gaining

"Never in my life will I want to start another one of them social networking nonsense,"

I could still remember that "vow" I made when Facebook was first released. I can say it almost worked until one day out of the blue, I was looking through my emails and saw the Facebook request via my friends who already had these accounts. No matter how long I spent deleting, they would still find their way into my inbox eventually. Curiosity finally got the better of me as I stepped into a world I thought I would hate...

And fast forward today, suddenly it's become a part of me. I often unconsciously find myself tagging this button on Facebook. Even with people I have only interacted with once or twice, I would just shamelessly add them, striving to expand my ever growing friend list.



One part of me was also curious, how are these people getting on with their lives now? For better or for worst? At the same time I would worry if they had cleanly forgotten about me, and thus rejecting my friend request.

As a friend quotes - seeing me that "addicted" to Facebook was the last thing she'd ever expect in her life from me.

So I lost a vow, but I gained a big stride in my life.

That's called change.

No comments: