18 September 2009

What It Takes

It's been a while since I felt a great sense of burden, challenge and responsibility on my shoulders. I only recalled feeling that way in my schooling days, but this time round, I'm doing it for a friend and a contest.

It's one of those new fangled blogging contests which screams of blatant advertisement purposes. And the idea is to come up with a blogpost and a follow up video (if you want to win the prize) depicting the tagline by Pringles; the participating sponsor. 5000 SGD sounds attractive no doubt, but I am hardly motivated by money; it's my friend however who's swooned over by this contest and roped me in to help. Apparently, my last editor job for one of his blogpost was unknowingly a contest entry which actually won. To be specific, it was tied for 50 winning spots among thousands of entries.

I could feel my jaw drop when my friend revealed that little tidbit to me, was I really that good?

No doubt I'm getting a share of the prize if it does win, but I really have to throw in a lot of creativity and that winning touch of writing skills. I have read a lot of good blogs and I fear I may not live up to the challenge. I'm more preoccupied with the thought about my new vocation which will be made known in exactly 6 hours more.

It weighs a ton, but the sense of achievement is great if I'm able to uphold it all.

No comments: